Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Thinking Out Loud

Well it’s been 3 days since my recent ski trip.  I don’t think I miss my new friends any the less.  Possibly because I don’t have any of them as local friends it’s a bit stronger.  Who knows.  Anyway, the title of the post sums up how I have been in the last couple of days.  I’ve lost count of the number of people I have said my thoughts to.  So far I haven’t managed everyone who’s important in my local circles, but that will sort itself out soon, and I trust they won’t mind it appearing on here.

I have certainly come back changed from the holiday and I have to say that it’s the first time in a long time that I have felt this way.  The change is twofold.

I am certainly happier from the holiday (despite not having these new friends nearby).  I feel more energized spiritually than I have for a long time.  The CDs have changed in the car and in due course the loaded podcasts will be changed as well (though finding new ones will take a bit of time).  I am desperate to keep this energy going now that ‘normal life’ is resuming.  During the week away I felt so very positive, it is how I want to keep feeling.

The other change is about where I live.  I’m not thinking of packing up in the next two weeks and moving, nor am I necessarily thinking of moving abroad.  However what I have realised is just how unnecessarily ‘tethered’ I have become to where I live.  I think this happened due to property and having my own place.  I’m not looking for sympathy here as I know I am fortunate, and I would like to hope that I haven’t turned where I live into a idol of sorts.  However the holiday has made me realise that there is nothing that should stop me from being willing to be more mobile.  I have no ties to where I am in terms of family.  I have some very good friends, who would be missed, but that is it.

I feel that the next few months and years could be very positive and hold a lot of change.  I need to hold onto what I have come back with and my fear is that as time goes on the normal run of life will take over again and these desires will fade.  Hopefully I can look back on this post and it will be a reminder of what can be.

No comments: