Saturday, February 25, 2006

Lost Weekend Lamentations!

OK, it's Saturday morning, and I'm sitting here thinking to myself that the weekends just seem to disappear. Now I appreciate that it's not even 10am yet, but I know that before I know it, Saturday will be all but gone, I'll have probably played tennis for a few hours (given that it's dry, if somewhat windy, which will make for an interesting game!) and will come home and watch the rugby, recorded while I'm playing. And that will be half the weekend gone.

I suppose that it's better than just doing nothing, and I suppose that some people will do far less than I will be, but part of me thinks that I should spend more time doing 'useful stuff'.

It's left me thinking about whether other people get more out of their weekends than I do. Possibly it's part of the human condition, that we al think that we're wasting time, or maybe it's just me thinking that. Or should I just work on the basis that the weekend is for recharging, and that 'wasting' it isn't such a bad thing.

So, there you go, my first proper rumination. Not much of one really, but something that I do ponder about from time to time.

No comments: